By Theodore R. Weeks
- Provides a coherent assessment of Russia's improvement from 1861 via to 1945
- Reflects the most recent scholarship by way of taking a thematic method of Russian heritage and bridging the ‘revolutionary divide’ of 1917
- Covers political, fiscal, cultural, and lifestyle concerns in the course of a interval of significant adjustments in Russian history
- Addresses in the course of the range of nationwide teams, cultures, and religions within the Russian Empire and USSR
- Shows how the unconventional rules followed after 1917 either replaced Russia and perpetuated an financial and political tension that keeps to steer sleek society
Read Online or Download Across the Revolutionary Divide: Russia and the USSR, 1861-1945 (Blackwell History of Russia) PDF
Best russian history books
Concentrating on the Dominican Order's actions in southeastern Poland from the canonisation of the Polish Dominican St Hyacinth (1594) to the outbreak of Bogdan Chmielnicki's Cossack rebel (1648-54) this ebook unearths the upkeep and recognition of the pre-existing Mendicant tradition of piety within the interval following the Council of Trent (1545-64).
First released in 1999. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
During this quantity, students from the U.S., Israel and jap Europe study the historical past of the Holocaust on Soviet territory and its remedy in Soviet politics and literature from 1945 to 1991. Of unique curiosity to researchers may be chapters on the various significant study resources for old examine, together with census fabrics, memorial books, information and lately published records.
The 1st version of this seminal booklet in 1971 mentioned the deadly defects of Marxist idea that will bring about the cave in of the Soviet financial system. during this revised version, Paul Craig Roberts examines how truth triumphed over Marxist thought and the results for the way forward for Russia and jap Europe.
- L'Europe centrale et ses minorités : vers une solution européenne ? (International) (French Edition)
- Red Star: The First Bolshevik Utopia (Soviet History, Politics, Society, and Thought)
- The Sino-Soviet Alliance: An International History (The New Cold War History)
- Russia's Last Gasp: The Eastern Front 1916–17
- Transforming NATO in the Cold War: Challenges beyond Deterrence in the 1960s (CSS Studies in Security and International Relations)
Additional resources for Across the Revolutionary Divide: Russia and the USSR, 1861-1945 (Blackwell History of Russia)
Across the Revolutionary Divide: Russia and the USSR, 1861-1945 (Blackwell History of Russia) by Theodore R. Weeks